Saturday, February 16, 2008

Two more pages


Okay here's Page 3 inked by James Terry and probably the best looking page because of that fact. I really love the fourth panel. It was rare that I drew an establishing shot kind of panel back then and James really made it shine.

Page 4 was inked by Ninos Aghakhan and it's all my fault on the hair. I still have problems drawing the stuff. Probably why I went with a bald character in 'The Requital.' How many characters could I cram in that second panel? George Perez I'm not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that 4th panel is badass!

When I first started drawing, I had no clue what those lines were for on the shiny suits (this is back when I thought every hero/villian had a shiny suit), but I added them...lol...everyone had a shiny suit, and tons of lines criss-crossing eachother...man..I wish I still had some of the old drawings...and I barely use that type of shading anymore...
Getting into the comic bizz (for me) is going to be a tough one...

Heywood Jablomie said...

dude i love it! haha

really makes me wish i had worked harder at keeping my older stuff. or that i had had more time to work on stuff then and even now!

and yeah i used to love the cross hatching technique for shading, now i'd rather just keep it all simple.

Christian D. Leaf said...

Yeah, I was addicted to some cross-hatching back in the days. Then I discovered Ralph Steadman and it even got worse. Glad I got over most of it, but every once in a while I revert back to my old ways when I'm feeling lazy.