Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Let's get this over with...


Page 7 is a vertical nightmare. A shadowy bald guy with some skin problems, a woman with a mop on her head and a big-footed freak jumping around. I'm pretty sure wood shatters like glass when you punch it, too.

No wonder Baldy and Mop-Top can't run away with those tiny little legs and is Baldy wearing a glove on his hand? And look what their genes did to their son. He's got teeny-tiny chicken legs. I'm surprised he can even stand up.

What's going on inside this guys mouth? And do his eyes expand when crying? Does he have a computer brain, too? 'Cuz his pupil sure looks like a Mac booting up.
Panel 2 is obviously an homage to Frank Miller. Makes me weepy just looking at it.
Panel 3 just lets you know that good times are gonna keeping on rolling. Thankfully they didn't.

Well, there you have it folks—Unbound. Nine pages of artistic glory smothered in literary gravy. Humble beginnings from a very humbled me.

7 comments:

todd said...

sweet!

really fun stuff--there is just so much passion and energy put into each and every panel, every line! you really, really wanted to tell that story--and you BELIEVED In it! i'm sure you poured every last ounce of yourself into doing those nine pages and, man, that's what comics are all about!

beautiful stuff! really!

Heywood Jablomie said...

how dare you leave it at 'to be continued'! damn you! ever thought about maybe revisiting this or giving it an update/overhaul? the idea, and theory, were both sound, and like toddy there said, it shows you had passion behind it. just my not quite $.02

renecarol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
renecarol said...

Lets try this again (what I get for not previewing before posting). We are all our own worst critic. Maybe you can use your critique here to go back and revamp and finish up this story.

Matt Wieringo said...

I...want...NOWERE...

I...want...NOWERE...

I...want...

Anonymous said...

Hey, that wood was splintering...cuz that's what happens when super-types punch wood...and yes, that doesn't sound right at all...not one bit...

As always, good stuff...would be cool to see howz ya drawz 'em naw!

Christian D. Leaf said...

The possibility on an overhaul is always an option. I continued the story slightly in the strip, which introduced a new hunter chasing down our cloaked friend, but it only lasted four editions, so it never really went anywhere. That and I got bored with the story and wanted to another one. (Kinda like I've done with Nowere that Matt mentions above.)

But, yeah, I'll revisit these characters after I finish Assignment 3 just to see how they turn out.

And, as always, thanks everyone for the kind words.