Sunday, January 27, 2008

Last panel pencils


Again I went real loose on the drawing. Basic shapes and whatnot. Not really pleased with the gesture of the figure, but I'm done this assignment. It's taken me way too long and I really want to move on. Not the greatest position to be taking, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I'll ink it up tomorrow tonight as I'm beat and running a fever of 101.8 at the moment. Hopefully, I can break the fever tonight, if not I'll be inking tomorrow afternoon. Think it's a chest cold from all the smoke at the Ween concert Thursday. My lungs don't do well in those kinda situations. (Small venue with smoke machines and nicotine fiends.) The concert was excellent though. Hadn't seen Gener and Deaner since Atlanta and it was a welcome reunion of sorts.

Also saw CLOVERFIELD Friday. My first thoughts walking out weren't kind. I was looking for more information and closure, but as I mulled it over after talking to Mafus, it began to grow on me. Maybe it wasn't so bad that everything wasn't spelled out for us. Your mind gets to wander and come up with its own conclusions and horror stories. I'll definitely give it a second viewing, if not DVD purchase when it hits the shelves. I just wish Mafus had told me about some of the things to look for. Lousy...no good...rassin'...frassin'...

Took some shots of Lilah after we returned from brunch this afternoon. This one was my favorite. Can you guess what she's really doing at that moment?

7 comments:

renecarol said...

Congratulations on finishing the assignment. The head kind of looks like its on backwards but I'm guessing its just turned and that it'll look right with the inks. Can't wait to see them. Man I can't believe you do all this sick (the fever) and hurting (the knee). That's impressive. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Oh and as always Lila is adorable.

Christian D. Leaf said...

Yeah, he's got his head turned away from the explosion, which does look a little funny at the moment. Hopefully, I can make it look legit with some ink. (Not holding my breath though.)

Thanks. I hope I feel better soon, too, Rene.

Matt Wieringo said...

I tease C-Bag all the time about being able to read with one eye, watch a movie with the other, all while drawing a picture and playing his XBox with his feet. The guy's insane that way.

Christian, I have a strictly spoiler-free policy when it comes to movies. I've had too many good movies ruined for me in advance.

My guess is that, with those big purty eyes, Miss Lilah is most likely downloading into her diaper.

Christian D. Leaf said...

Give that Mafus a cigar. When Lilah gets that look on her face you know there's danger waiting down below.

Well, you could've at least told me to wait until the credits were over. There's no spoiler in that, Silly Rabbit.

Matt Wieringo said...

I get that same look when that happens to me at the Long John Silvers.

renecarol said...

Y'all are so funny. I don't do much at all when I'm sick.. or hurt.. except maybe complain.

Phil said...

I am surprised that she is playing with that jack in the box.

This one maybe a better role model