Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nothing special, but it's been awhile...


Here's a quick freelance piece I did for my old creative director/boss. She own Rex & Roxy's: Adventures in Puppy Playcare down in Hotlanta. I've been her brand boy since day one and it's always fun to work on an illustration for her. I don't have to conform to anatomy or even use decent perspective. Plus, getting away from a pseudo-realistic style to something more cartoony is helpful Keeps your line and your mind loose.

I hope to get another post up before Heroes Con. Maybe some Kirby pencils I've been itching to ink...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love he cartoon, but i´m hoping to see those kirby pencils here.
cheers!

Matt Wieringo said...

Sweet. You ink that digitally?

Christian D. Leaf said...

No digital inking yet. Though I've been itching to try it out after watching that video of Gabe digitally inking Boba Fett. These I just scan 'em in and vectorize 'em with some old school Streamline. (Thank the Maker for some OS9 action.)

Gonna try to get a least one panel of the Kirby Thor page posted tonight or tomorrow. Two, if I'm lucky.

Matt Wieringo said...

No need for OS 9. The current version of Illustrator incorporates Streamline but now it's called Live Trace. Works wonders.