Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day Three of the Quickdraw


As promised I did Spider-Man for this go 'round. Put him in his black suit as it's much easier to draw at this point. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to knock out the traditional red and blue get-up, but I think I'll need a quite a few more sketches to get my old chops back.

Scored some Jamal Igle 'Firestorm' today (a trade and a back issue). Had to get check some more of the man's art out after picking up that page. Too good not to. Have to hit a couple other comic shops to see what else I can dig up.

I've got a few more pics from Heroes to post. All the previous ones were taken by Mafus' delightful wife, Squeeze. I forgot to thank her and give her her props on 'em.

3 comments:

Matt Wieringo said...

Cool Spidey. How'd you do that it twenty minutes!? As for the Firestorm trades, check out Amazon or InStockTrades.com for discounts. You'll pay full price locally. And I NEVER pay full price. Didn't I learn you nuthin at Heroes? :)

Christian D. Leaf said...

It actually took 19 minutes. I was buzzing from a dropped game of Shadowrun and took my frustrations out on the page.

Gonna try to ink that Captain America I did for Sunday's Quickdraw tonight. May do that in lieu of another sketch, but the drawing bug has bitten again. Can't wait to get cracking on 'Nowere'.

Brigette Pugh said...

Did I read right? A promise of Nowere pages to come?