Monday, September 10, 2007

Sanguine: Prologue






Back on the Sanguine tip. I took the day off as I had spent my weekend helping Mafus with the grim task of carting stuff from his brother's house. (Visit his site for a complete account.) I was shifting some items around, making room for Mafus' old drawing table, which he graciously threw my way, and I happened upon these pages.

The idea was to tell the tale of the Croatoan Twins, who were characters in the greater story of Sanguine. Romulus and Remus were raised by a wolf and then later found by Lok, who trained them as assassins. Their schtick was that they ate their kills. Real deep, I know, but to my untrained mind back then it was creative gold. Fool's gold, maybe, but gold nonetheless. Thinking about inking these up and dropping some dialogue on them to get the dormant juices flowing.

I also found the strip version of this that I was going to submit for Dark Horse's Strip Search, but never finished as is my M.O. I'll post those in a day or two.

2 comments:

Matt Wieringo said...

Page three, panel five..."Deee! Deee!"

Thanks again, bro. Sorry you had to take the day off because of my lazy ass.

Christian D. Leaf said...

Shoot. I took the day just to take one. It was slow at the office anyway as they sent home a couple people. Don't sweat it.