Saturday, August 18, 2007

The service

Just got back from the Mike's service. It was filled with good friends, beautiful words and love for a man who touched so many without even realizing it. The world is poorer without out him, but at the same time so blessed to have had him. I'll speak a little more on it later, but I'm worn out and in desperate need of sleep after the festivities afterwards. As his father promised, it was a celebration of his life and I'm thankful they invited me.

Update: Actually I don't think I'm going to elaborate on the service any more. I couldn't do the eulogies and memories justice, so why ruin a good thing, right?

Update II: Todd Dezago over at Perhapablog has posted Mafus' moving eulogy for all those interested. Make sure you've got a box of Kleenex nearby.

No comments: